Laumés Sweater Black
This knit "Laumės" is inspired by the oldest goddesses of Lithuanian mythology. They were believed to be faery seducers of men and protectors of women. These beautiful fairies descended from sky to earth and lived in dewy fields or dense forests, near rivers, swamps and lakes. They'd gather at night under new moon — dancing in circles — to call the rain and create thunder storms, and were considered guardians of nature. The knit embodies the vision of how a modern day Laumė would look. Dreamy, yet sophisticated. Casual, yet chick.
Shipping costs: / Free shipping over €100
- FREE SHIPPING on all orders over €100 to NL, BE, DE, UK and FR
- For orders under €100, or to the rest of Europe, we charge one flat fee between €5.99 and €14.99. The exact price will be calculated at checkout.
- As a marketplace we ship directly from brand partners, therefore shipping times may vary, and your order may arrive in multiple packages. We ship as local as possible.
- FREE RETURNS on unused, unworn items in their original packaging with the tag still attached (for clothing). Please see Delivery & Returns for more details on how to process a return.
- The knit comes in one standard size that is purposely oversized
- Featuring prolonged sleeves
- Made of 100% Merrino wool.
- Ethically handmade in Lithuania by craftswomen, mostly stay-at-home moms. The majority of them live in villages and small towns where jobs are extremely scarce. It’s a great way for women to earn fair wages and provide for themselves and their beautiful families
ABOUT THE BRAND
Why we love it: Based between Brooklyn, New York, and Vilnius, Lithuania, the three young female founders of The Knotty Ones are in pursuit of changing the industry one knit at a time.
The Knotty Ones are big believers in shopping less, but better. Celebrating quality garments that will last you for many seasons, hence focus on creating individual pieces rather than collections. They source only natural and sustainable fabrics while incorporating better practices throughout their supply chain to make beautiful knitwear at a fraction of the environmental impact of fast fashion. The fairly paid craftswomen behind The Knotty Ones are mostly stay-at-home moms, from small Lithuanian towns where jobs are extremely scarce. They now proudly provide for themselves and their beautiful families.