Introducing Curated By, a new series in which experts, tastemakers and friends of SCOON curate their selection. This time we have the pleasure to speak with leading Dutch food and lifestyle blogger Lisa from @lisagoesvegan.
Lisa is a well known social media influencer and author of the award winning book 'Lisa goes Vegan'. Her mission is to make vegan food and lifestyle accessible and attractive to all. She believes that every choice we make as an individual, with every meal we eat and every purchase we make, we have the power to make an impact. Through her platform she aims to inspire and educate on how easy it is to add more plant-based food to our diets and what positive effects this has on our bodies as well as our carbon footprint.
Next to discussing the importance of sustainable choices and her favourite pieces from our collection, she also shared some tips on veganizing(!) our wardrobes, which goes as follows:
1. Start out step by step. Don't throw out everything in one go. For instance, you can start with no longer wearing/buying leather, then exclude wool, then silk, etc.
2. I truly believe in 'less is more'. How much do we really need anyways? Less clothes also mean better overview :)
3. Is something broken? Instead of throwing it out, get it fixed! Or even better, you can also take up sewing lessons and do it yourself.
4. Shop vintage
5. Borrow clothes for special occasions
6. Organise a clothes swap with a group of people
7. Choose quality over quantity
8. And if you are looking for something new, then think about investing in a piece that was created with love and care.
Together with SCOON, she has enlisted her favourite pieces to present her edit of this season from brands that care. Below a bit more information on why she feels some of them are must-haves for this season:
- I'm a big fan of Organic Basics. I've been wearing their underwear for a while now and I love the fit. The quality is excellent and the fabric feels amazing. This body looks perfect.
- These Veja sneakers are just really cool vegan shoes which are tricky to find. I've been a long time fan of Veja and wear them all the time. It's easy to dress them up for work or down on the weekends, and they go with anything from t-shirts and shorts to summer dresses!
- I love these beautiful bikinis and bathing suits made from Econyl (made from recycled waste material), such a dream! It's so great to see that shopping more sustainable is becoming more and more accessible for everyone. I personally am in love with this red Casa Raki bikini set.
- This Luli top has it all. I really like the way it's designed at the back. It's also made from linen which I love wearing in the summer. I imagine the design can easily be worn over high waisted jeans or a skirt.